Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Polling the audience here..should the wife get an '05?

I don't know if I've mentioned my wifes car situation before, but she used to have a Saturn. Let me tell you guys, if you ever have the choice of having a free Saturn, or giving birth to a baby porcupine that is on fire, look in to the less painful second option. A free Saturn can only mean it's going to cost you more than a college education in a years time to keep it running. So, when it died my hot wife decided she'd always wanted a Mustang. We found her one, in an automatic, and it's a super nice car. Much nicer than the heap she'd been driving. Now the questions comes, do we upgrade this recently purchased pony or not? Normally, I wouldn't post this, but we're watching CSI Miami last night and a commercial comes on that couldn't help but inspire an auto enthusiast like myself. It shows a field of dreams type commercial with the words "If you build it, he will come" being whispered to a guy with a corn field. The commercial shows a guy plowing a road course through his corn field, and pulls a new Mustang to the Start/Finish line. Then, a shadow appears and my wife and I are going "Who is that going to be?" I had no idea. I was expecting Jack Roush, Mark Martin, Matt Kenseth, or any one of the Ford guys. I even thought for a minute it would be Lee Iacoca or Carol Shelby. It was neither. The best part, is that it was Steve McQueen who made the Mustang famous with the movie Bullitt. You'll remember the Bullitt edition Mustangs that came out last year that were pretty cool - my wife's car even has Bullitt wheels. The commercial is one of the best I've seen since the Dodge Hemi commercials last year, and I'm not a Ford guy to say the least. Steve takes the car on a few laps, and it really looks like he's driving this car - and he's been dead for years.

So, the question is simple. Should we be sucked in to this advertising and get my wife a new Mustang? I would probably be tempted to cut a road course in our back yard and stand outside waiting for Steve McQueen to come drive me around (I'd still be warmer than we are in our current residence), or should we stay with the current '01 that we have now? Personally, my vote is for the '05. My wife would be way hotter in a retro Mustang, especially one endorsed by the late Steve McQueen. What do you all think?

4 Comments:

If you can afford to upgrade, then by all means do. Not only are they cooler, but you get a new warranty. And Im all about warranties these days...
posted by Blogger Jenn at 5:23 PM  
Ooh...score one for my side.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 5:51 PM  
If you can afford it, go for it. I mean, your hot wife does have a birthday coming up (when she & I will be 25! gasp!)....
posted by Blogger anya at 10:57 AM  
Ooh. Nice one. That would get me out of shopping for a birthday present too!
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 2:15 PM