Tuesday, January 25, 2005

I now fully understand the term "Bored to Tears."

So, we're getting a new software system here at work. It's going to make ordering and working a whole lot easier on everyone from the sales floor to the accounting floor. The only problem is we all have to do three days of training on it and it is more boring than Freshman Seminar - I promise you.

So picture this, it starts out easy. The only real pre-requisite is knowing how to use a mouse. I'm assuming everyone that is reading this blog knows how to use a mouse so picture a training CD-ROM that repeatedly tells you to left click on everything, and shows you where the left click button is on the mouse. This is mind numbing. The only thing worse is the lady they have on this video teaching the class. She looks like a large mouth bass with a mullet. I'm not making that up, that's a pretty accurate description. I could be considered really evil for making fun of someone like that as she is overweight and grossly unattractive, but seriously - why put her on the training video? All she's doing is reading cue cards like a first grader. Hire Pamela Anderson to read those cue cards, I assure you this group would be way more receptive to that. I would be less inclined to go to sleep. It's not that I have a thing for Pamela Anderson as she's living proof that beauty is only skin deep, but give me something that I can stand to look at for eight hours a day. I think for as much money we paid for this software, they can make it less boring. After the first 30 minute leg of disc one, I had to get up and walk around. I just couldn't take it anymore. My eyes were watering it was so bad, so I know fully understand the term bored to tears.

My random thought for the day. I wonder if an Elvis impersonator could ever get so famous that someone who looked like him could become a celebrity lookalike. Is there room in this culure for an Elvis-impersonator lookalike? Probably.

4 Comments:

An Elvis impersonator impersonator?? Ha, you're too funny. What in the world made you think of that?
posted by Blogger Chastity at 3:43 PM  
You have WAY too much time on your hands...

~Jenn
posted by Anonymous Anonymous at 4:07 PM  
Just a random thought I guess. I probably too have too much time to let my mind wander and think up these things.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 6:02 PM  
Ugh, how painful! I used to design training software and had to play the unfortunate part of testing the darned things, over and over again. It gets old, believe me. It was like torture trying to keep my eyelids open.
posted by Blogger manababies at 11:19 AM