Wednesday, January 12, 2005

I think I am, therefore I am...I think.

So I started working out again today. I haven't worked out since I tore my bicep back in November. My New Year's resolution was to drop 50lbs by my birthday. I'm way heavier than I need to be so I'm eating less and exercising - hopefully a lot more. I didn't realize how bad out of shape I was until I hung up the punching bag the in-laws loaned me the other day. Talk about rough. Beating on that thing for 15 minutes nearly put me in a coma. The worst part was I had to walk up the stairs in to the house before I could collapse. That sucked. The problem with me, like any other guy, is that we all think we're in much better shape than we really are. You can ask any guy, no matter how much of a three toed sloth he is and he'll tell you he's three or four situps away from being in a hot tub with Cindy Crawford naked. I guess it was a realization for me because I used to be in awesome shape. When I was in college I did the EAS shape up challenge and got down to 175 with a seven percent body fat. You could see every vein in my chest and arms and I could run all day long. Now I can't see my feet most days and walking up stairs is a challenge. Okay, it's not that bad, but there is more of me than there used to be in a bad way.

So, now that my arm is healed I'm back in business and hopefully before April I'll be back down to a weight where all of my clothes will fit. That's the goal - below 200lbs by April. I think the hot wife is even in on it with me as she's buying healthier food and having dinner ready earlier. Now all I have to do is whip up on the punching bag and do a few situps and I'll be doing alright.

I worked out this morning and I'm already starting to go numb. My new workout partner has a goal to bench press 315lbs by summer. He did 260 today so I think that's attainable for him. If all goes well, I might be able to do that by summer as well, but we'll see. The primary goal is still lose weight.

In other news...Happy Birthday to Jennifer, and Anya!

2 Comments:

Im glad your arm is all better now! :)

Don't do too much too fast though or back to the arm tape you go!
posted by Blogger Sprinkles at 2:05 PM  
Yeah, the guys at work called it my arm bra when I wore it, but man did it make my arm feel better.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 2:45 PM