Thursday, January 27, 2005

Root Beer Dum Dums, and Garbage Cans

I was walking through the office yesterday and I spotted a basket of Dum Dums. For a minute there I was in my kindergarten class hoping with every fiber of my being that there was a Root Beer flavored pop. I was drawn to this basket on someone elses desk like a moth to the flame. I had no choice. Sure enough, there was a Root Beer flavored on in there so I snagged it. I was thinking to myself "No one has seen me. This one's all mine!" It tasted every bit as good as it did when I was a kid. I was reminded of all the days we fought over who got the root beer dum dum, and who didn't. I ventured back up to my office with my new found candy and passed a co-worker. He stopped and said "What's that?" I proudly said "A Root Beer Dum Dum. I haven't had one since I was a kid." I could tell, he was enthralled as if I'd found the holy grail so I said "They're in the basket on Linda's desk." He too sprinted down to the basket and dug through until he found one. We probably should have been working, but we sat on the steps enjoying our Root Beer Dum Dums like we did when we were kids. Aahh, memories.

Well, my random thought of the day relates to a problem my sister has been having. Someone's thrown a garbage can in her yard that doesn't belong to her. It's clearly not her can, but the owner seems to be refusing to come and get it. So, the random thought of the day is this. Can you throw away a garbage can? No. I don't think you can. I think as soon as you throw it away, someone brings it back to you with a "Here you go, I found your garbage can."

4 Comments:

Trying to get rid of an unwanted garbage can is about as difficult and annoying as trying to get rid of a surplus of plastic containers. People think you want it back so it comes back to you, sooner or later.
posted by Blogger manababies at 10:04 AM  
Yes, it's much like the tupperware post you had earlier. It just doesn't go away.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 10:06 AM  
Rootbeer DumDums!!! They are THE best! They are so good...that I even introduced my little one to them when she was just 3 months old. I know it was a terrible thing to do, but denying her the yumminess of that rootbeer flavor was just something I couldn't do.

My husband and I have had our recycling bins ripped off twice...never our garbage cans. I'd really like whoever keeps taking our nice recycling bins to knock.it.off! Because the City is going to stop issuing me new ones...and our house address is written in black permanent ink on the buckets..so I wonder where they are!
posted by Blogger Sprinkles at 5:31 PM  
Root beer Dum Dums?!? I HATE root beer Dum Dums. They used to give Dum Dums at the bank when I was a kid, and I was sooooo disappointed anytime they gave a root beer flavored one. Root beer in general disgusts me.

About the garbage can, put it in the back of a truck, go to the nearest store and toss it in their dumpster. Problem solved.
posted by Blogger Chastity at 2:46 PM