Monday, January 31, 2005

What happens when you run out of milk?

So, I went to pour myself a bowl of Peanut Butter Toast Crunch the other morning and found that we had no milk. It would seem that my daily post-workout protein shake has depleted the milk supply. I know you're all thinking "Make them with water, they taste the same." No they don't. Protien shakes very seldomly taste good with water. Anyway, I was searching the house for a good milk substitute, besides water. I finally came to the conclusion that we had nothing. I was really wanting this Peanut Butter Toast Crunch. I was almost to the point of using Kalua, but we only had a sample bottle, Tequila and Peanut butter very seldom go together, and Jack Daniels (while a good cough medicine) is not a good way to start out the day. So while I was considering all of these things, I asked myself - What kind of wine goes with Peanut Butter Toast Crunch? I couldn't find one of those either so I gave up. It was early, and I was tired.

6 Comments:

lol

You distraught milkless person! hehe That's so funny! With all the time you spent searching, you could have probably zipped to the market and back and had yourself a nice bowl of PBTC! :)

Have you had the Reeses Peanutbutter Crunch cereal? Mmm!
posted by Blogger Sprinkles at 11:27 AM  
Ahh, the Reese Puff's are the crack of breakfast cereals. I love Reese Puffs. I try to stay away from them because I'm trying to lose weight, but the PBTC is just too good not to finish.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 11:57 AM  
I concur on the post workout protein shake. Milk or smoothing (berries, low carb juice and yogurt...some heavy whipping cream as well) are the way to go. I have however done the water and protein because of school and such. Actually i got a few samples of protein last week that are actually pretty dang good in water. It's a Fruit Juce Flavored Nectar (whey protein isolate). Bodybuilding.com probably has it since that's where I ordered this stuff.
posted by Blogger Christian D. at 2:03 PM  
Bodybuilding.com is great. I've always been strictly EAS on the products that I use. I did their challenge back in 99 and while I didn't win any money, I got a certificate and a medal for top 10 percent. Cheap I know, but still cool. I stick to the chocolate flavored proteins. If you mix it with soy milk it tastes like a milk shake.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 4:03 PM  
Back when I was working, my boss was a personal trainer with an incredible physique (*sigh*). So I had protein shakes for breakfast after I did the whole gym thing. And they are SO GROSS WITH WATER. Gag!

This might not be a great solution, but when we run out of milk, I have a box of powdered milk I use. I actually bought it for a baking recipe but decided to give it a try for the kiddos. When it was cold enough, they didn't seem to notice and chugged the stuff right down. I try to avoid that though. So we always have 2 gallons of milk in our fridge.
posted by Blogger manababies at 11:20 PM  
Oh, so it has to be soy milk. I used to be that way... it HAS to be soy milk. That Silk brand, in vanilla flavor, which is actually pretty good in coffee and in cereal. Not sure about it in protein shakes but to be honest I've never been a big fan of those things. I drank it because I thought it helped and I was hoping to win brownie points with my boss. :)
posted by Blogger manababies at 11:45 AM