Friday, February 11, 2005

Bus Drivers

You know, we all rode the cheesewagon at some point in our life and I'm sure we all thought the bus driver was crazy. I remember one day in high school our bus driver cut someone off in the big cheese and we got rear ended by the girl. We kept telling the bus driver to stop because he'd totalled someones car but he said "I don't have time for that bull shit." I went to a Christian high school, that set a great example for the elementary kids. Nothing like having to explain what bull shit is and why the bus driver doesn't have time for it. Anyway, bus drivers as a whole I think just get tired behind the wheel or forget that they have an extra 50 feet of vehicle to navigate.

My sister was recently on a Carta bus here in town and the lady ran two redlights almost causing a wreck in both intersections. The people on the bus (sister included) started screaming at her because they thought she'd lost her mind. She in turn stopped the bus on some railroad tracks (which is a big no no when you have a CDL) and proceeded to yell back at the passengers. My sister whipped out her cell phone in all this madness and called Carta. She said "You guys need to get this crazy bitch off this bus before she kills someone." They said "Who would you be referring to?" Her response - "Your stupid bus driver that's stopped on some railroad tracks having just run two redlights and is now yelling at us!" She was only a few feet from the bus depot, and the stop on the railroad tracks was just a few feet from the parking lot she was headed to. The lady on the phone actually said "We apologize for the inconvenience. Have a Carta Day!"

Have a Carta Day?!?!? Okay, so I'm over reacting because no one was hurt, but Have a Carta Day?" Let's be serious. I think if I'd heard that I would have walked over to the bus station to tell her where to stick her Carta Day.

In lighter news, the desk nazi at the Y has finally started speaking to me again and has found the humor in my "level 5 security clearance" statement when I show him my ID. I think he's just happy to get to play with his scan gun. To each their own. Have a great weekend!

3 Comments:

I would have gone crazy had I been on the phone in that situation and told to have a Carta Day....I can only imagine how ticked off your sister was.
posted by Blogger Sprinkles at 3:04 PM  
Yes, and believe it or not I'm the nice one of the two of us.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 4:12 PM  
I'd pay money to see what you would have done in that situation!
posted by Blogger Chastity at 5:45 PM