Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Paper Shredders and Traffic Lights

So I'm headed to work today from the Y. My new hi-tech security pass now lets me in to the gym hassle free by the way. I could probably walk faster than I could drive there, and I may start doing that. Anyway. There are five traffic lights between me and work and I have yet to make two of them in a row. It's like a joke. A five minute walk is a 15 minute drive because of the stop lights. The guy that sets the timers on these things has a very sick sense of humor.

At one of these stop lights there is a large bank. Today they had an 18 wheeler blocking the road. The 18 wheeler is a mobile shredding service. The mobile shredding service takes up all 53 feet of this trailer. It was a mystery to me so regardless of the time I had to stop and ask "Why does a bank need a mobile shredding service of this proportion?" The bank official outside looked at me like I was a reporter and said "What are you Eyewitness news?" I said "No, but I think I'd be concerned about putting money in bank that has this much to hide." He didn't find this amusing at all so I went on to work. I didn't figure he'd tell me, but no one else seemed to be asking why the Stanely Steemer of paper shredders was outside of a bank. It just makes you wonder - what are they covering up? What would a bank of that size need papershredusmaximus for? I'm sure someone will tell me they have to and nothing illegal is going on, but to a non-banking employee it looks funny. I didn't know in America we had a need for 53 feet of mobile shredding services, but I was proved wrong.

5 Comments:

lol...good question! Wonder what your bank is hiding...

It sure doesn't seem like your humor is much appreciated in the area you live....

I saw a shirt today and thought of you in regard to the people you end up in conversations with...it reads:

"And you didn't think I could multi-task...I can talk AND piss you off at the same time." (or something very close to that)

Made me chuckle and I thought of all the people that misunderstand your humor. :)
posted by Blogger Sprinkles at 3:27 PM  
Awesome. I need that shirt. I'm glad someone out there understands my humor.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 3:36 PM  
Interesting that you brought this up! There has been 2 shredder trucks parked out side of the Energy company for the past 3 weeks. Makes me wonder what Mr. Warrnen Buffet is up to! I suspect that it's just end of the year stuff, but who knows!

As for the guy in the office...we have a guy here who will never leave. He's been looking for a job for god knows how long, but will just can't get a job ( I know why to..he's not the brightest bulb in the box).
posted by Blogger Christian D. at 4:52 PM  
It's always the guys that say they're going to leave all of the time that never do. I remember some ass clown that worked with my mom that would fax his resume out on the company printer because he was "only there until something better came along." They fired him because he said that one too many times.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 5:09 PM  
They won't get audited after 7 years. Maybe they're destroying those. I mean, no one wants financial numbers just laying around for anyone to get their hands on. I'd totally destroy them.
posted by Blogger Jenn at 7:38 PM