Friday, February 04, 2005

The Pope is a Bad Ass and Paul McCartney will perform the Super Bowl halftime show naked

So I was watching the news yesterday and they said the Pope had the flu and a respiratory infection. The reporter didn't seem to think it was a big deal so they spent a total of 30 seconds on it in the morning news. I'm thinking to myself "Okay, the Pope is 84 years old. The flu and difficulty in breathing has to be serious. The Catholic church may have to find a new Pope." Well, today they spent more time on it and gave a little of the Popes background. As a kid he was a soccer goalie, in 1981 he was shot six times, in 93 he had his hip replaced, in 96 he had his appendix removed. Now, I can understand why the flu is nothing to be alarmed about. The Pope is clearly a bad ass. If I were in a bar fight in Vatican City, I think I'd want the Pope on my side. Seriously, glad to know the Pope is going to make a full recovery and said he will be back to his usual routine by Sunday.

So Paul McCartney is doing the Halftime show to restore its credibility. After the Pope ordeal this morning he said "I certainly won't have to worry about wardrobe malfunctions because I'll be doing the entire show naked." Way to go Paul, it's nothing we haven't seen in the YMCA locker room while trying to watch the news. I think his halftime show will be good. This year, I probably won't even try to talk to the wife in to getting the Lingerie Bowl instead. I can't wait to hear Janet Jacksons response to this. This should be good.

7 Comments:

If you were able to talk the wife into watching the lingerie bowl..you are one lucky man! That's all I've got to say!
posted by Blogger Christian D. at 12:40 PM  
It wasn't as impressive as you would think. I thought that supermodels playing football in their underware would be something to see. It got old after five minutes. Angie Everhart was the team captain last year, so I'd hoped for the best. I set my expectations too high. I think Paul McCartney will be much better.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 2:21 PM  
You know, I thought the same thing as you did when I heard the Pope was sick...OMG The Catholic Church will have to appoint a new Pope! But my husband just looked at me and said, "...it's just the flu..." So, I guess he's on the "in" as to what might really affect the Pope or not.
posted by Blogger Sprinkles at 2:31 PM  
Call me an old fogey but I didn't enjoy last year's half time show. In fact, I didn't even notice the wardrobe malfunction, probably due to zoning out. So this year's should be good, I think? I saw Paul McCartney on the news and couldn't help but think, "WOW, he's gotten old!", but he's a great musician and performer... not too sure if I want to see him in the buff though.

And yeah, the Pope is a bad ass.
posted by Blogger manababies at 11:49 PM  
The Pope may have been a bad ass, but looks about as frail as they come these days. I hope he makes a full recovery, but I'd guess any sickness could do him in.
posted by Blogger Chastity at 7:20 PM  
They need to change it so that the Pope's can retire. He physically can't hack it anymore. Mentally he's still brilliant, but he really needs a break.

That and I can't wait to witness conclave. Catholic geek am I.
posted by Blogger Jenn at 11:16 AM  
The Pope does look frail Chas. I agree with you totally. I guess that's why I was upset that Janet Jacksons booby flash got more air time than the worlds best known religious head having difficulty breathing. He is a bad ass. I bet when the Pope was my age, he was more confrontational than me. Well, probably not.

Jenn, are you fully converted yet? Doesn't this make you a wannabe Catholic Geek? ;-)
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 3:05 PM