Sunday, February 06, 2005

Why are these people still on my TV?

Okay, so it's been a big week at the movies for me. One of my friends wives was out of town and we did a guys night out with a nasty chinese buffet called Chef Lyn's and saw Assault on Precint 13 at the Rave. This movie theater is great. It looks very retro, yet somehow very new. I like it. I think I should open up one on the other end of town. People would go see a movie there for sure. So anyway, Assault on Precint 13 is a remake of the 1970's version of the John Carpenter movie with the same title. It's got Laurence Fishburne, and Ethan Hawke. It's a great movie. I really really liked it. I will for sure buy that when it comes out on DVD.

Second, we saw Million Dollar Baby last night with Clint Eastwood, Morgan Freeman, and Hillary Swank. This was also very good, but not what I expected. I would highly reccomend you see this. Afterwards you'll know why it's up for best picture. Be forwarned, it is not what you would expect. It's very good, and very unpredictable.

So, the purpose of this blog is to find out why Jay Mohr and Michelle Kwan are STILL on my TV. They've certainly overstayed their welcome on their 15 minutes of fame. Jay Mohr is not a good actor, and not funny. I can't think of a single role he's had where he was tolerable for more than 30 seconds. Michelle Kwan. We've lost sympathy for you. You're not going to win the gold medal and we'd just like you to go away now. She's also in a movie (about ice skating) with Michelle Trachtenburg from Eurotrip. She plays a comentator and has a line in the trailer about how "this girl could be golden." I'm sure she was paid a lot of money to say that line and I hope to God she's not in the next Winter Olympics. Seriously. When Paul Hogan realized he'd outstayed his welcome, he moved on. I think Jay Mohr and Michelle Kwan should now do the same. No wonder people don't take our country seriously. We broadcast why Michelle Kwan should get the sympathy vote, and people pay to see movies with Jay Mohr in them. Look guys, you've had your time. Now you're just wasting everyones time because no one on earth wants to see you on TV again. Please leave.

2 Comments:

I haven't seen Jay Mohr in anything in a while. I did like GO though, that was a great movie. Oh, and Jerry McGuire was OK. He's been in some good ones. As for Michelle Kwan, I haven't heard anything about her in a long time. What channels are you watching??
posted by Blogger Chastity at 5:54 PM  
It was a movie preview. She's just annoying. I didn't see all of GO, but I did like Jerry Maguire. Watching Jay Mohr on last comic standing is annoying. He's also in Ice Cubes new movie about the kids. Just tired of Jay Mohr. He sucks.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 6:01 PM