Sunday, June 19, 2005

As it sits today...


The finished product, as it sits today.

We finished the car in late 1997. I had hoped to drive it to graduation or senior prom, but that didn't happen. My friends laughed histerically when they saw the car in stage one. They weren't sure we could turn that in to a car. Mom wasn't sure what to think but now she likes that we can go to car shows and cruise ins together. We brought the car back to it's original color which is Basin Street Blue. It was actually Petty Blue, but Richard Petty wanted royalties for Chrysler to use his name. I can't blame him, but I've always been a fan of this color. The engine was rebuilt because we had nothing to start with. It didn't run and hadn't in probably 15 years. I doubt you'll ever see ones like it on Barrett Jackson like the latest Hemi cars have gone for, but it was never about the car. I liked the style of the car, but I really just wanted a project to do with Dad. We had a great time and it's always a blast to get it out and terrorize unsuspecting Honda's, Mustangs and Camaros with some real Detroit Muscle.