Thursday, June 16, 2005

Some days I just feel mean...

So, it's back to work and back to cutting the grass. My neighbor was nice enough to cut my grass for us while I was gone so that was nice of him. He's kind of like me in that he seems to enjoy cutting grass. I got him a nice shirt from my travels so he seemed to appreciate that pretty well. Have you ever wondered how grass grows in the cracks in your sidewalks and driveway but it's hard to get it to grow in the actual yard? I love to see when a flower, grass blade, or anything grows in solid concrete like that. It's damn heroic. I always feel really mean when I pull that out or weedeat it. It's like I'm just being inhumane to something that's worked so hard to make it.

Well, that's about it that's going on here. It's weird being back in the office when you've been on the road for a dang month. They should have a deprogramming class or something to get you used to being back in the office. Today, I feel like Peter Gibbons from Office Space. I'm going to have to leave so I don't explode - and no, I don't have a case of the Monday's.

3 Comments:

I went through the same thing after almost 2 weeks of vacation. LET ME OUT. I want out. I'm getting used to it again. Hopefully your busy so you don't get bored like me. :)

Kudo's to the neighbor for mowing your lawn. My neighbors didn't do that.

And I'm all about killing the weeds in the concrete.
posted by Blogger Christian D. at 12:17 PM  
Ah...I LOVE Office Space!
posted by Blogger Chastity at 12:36 PM  
> I feel like Peter Gibbons from Office Space

It is pretty sad that the movie we relate to the most is Office Space. Every time I watch that movie I think, someone has been reading my diary.
posted by Anonymous Anonymous at 1:20 AM