Saturday, May 07, 2005

Stole this from Chas

Welcome back to the blogger world Chas, hope the countdown to summer is almost at an end.



Your Linguistic Profile:



50% General American English

35% Dixie

10% Yankee

5% Upper Midwestern

0% Midwestern




I've always been told I don't have much of an accent so I guess this makes sense. People always give me this look when I tell them I grew up in Alabama like "You grew up there and you talk like that?" I guess I don't notice, but that's what I hear.

Jeff, this is one you need to take - just curious to see how you score.

5 Comments:

Your Linguistic Profile:

60% General American English

15% Upper Midwestern

15% Yankee

10% Dixie

0% Midwestern

There were a few questions that I could see myself flip flopping on so I'm not sure how on the mark this is.
posted by Blogger Sprinkles at 9:27 AM  
Well, I've never heard you speak but seeing as you're moving to Fresno I can see the 10 percent dixie and the upper midwestern.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 11:04 AM  
We're pretty close!
posted by Blogger Jenn at 2:57 PM  
Yeah we are. That's weird. Let's see how Jennifer scores.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 3:19 PM  
No, I don't think you have a southern accent at all. I figured you'd be mostly Minnesota speak since you talk like most of those people do.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 4:22 PM