Friday, June 17, 2005

My name is, who?

Okay, I think I've got a pretty simple name to pronounce and understand. It's not like it's a name that was made up by my parents that is particularly unique or spelled funny. Somehow in my travels and on the phone here, people get the weirdest things. Lately I've been getting called Spencer. Okay, this one I'm just confused over. There is no S in my name, and it ends in a K, not an R. I told a guy four times today that wasn't my name and he kept calling me spencer so I just went along with it. Better to just agree than argue I suppose. Probably a better one is my friend Bruce that works here. He gets people that call him Felix. Okay people, it's time to stop watching Bill Cosby re-runs and listen. Bruce and Patrick sound nothing like Felix and Spencer. They just don't. Maybe these people have cue tips like I've been getting that unravel on one end during the post-shower ear cleaning and clogging their ears. Oh well. I guess of all the nicknames I've had, Spencer is the one I understand the least.

It looks to be another good weekend in the scenic city. I should have nice enough weather to wash the Cuda and then I'm sure I'll have to wash my wifes car, but at least they'll be clean and I'll get to cut and water the grass again. Happy Fathers Day to all the daddies out there and I hope everyone has a good weekend!

4 Comments:

My gosh, do I ever relate :). When I worked customer service I was required to give my first name and people BUTCHERED it! I was called anything and everything you can imagine (Charity, Christy, Kristin, Charlotte, Chelsea, Caroline, etc)....almost never Chastity. As it is, people I know in real life still want to pronounce it Chasity..but that's close enough.
posted by Blogger Chastity at 10:12 PM  
A Cuda? Think you should steal the wifes camera and post up a picture or two! :)
posted by Blogger Christian D. at 9:52 AM  
Actually the camera is mine. The wife is the one that steals it, but I'll post some pictures if you want to see it. I'll blog about that this weekend.

It's amazing isn't it Chas? I guess people aren't listening or maybe it's because we know our own name we say it too fast. Or maybe people are just stupid on occassions. I can see Charity, or Chelsea I suppose, but the rest of them are like Spencer and Felix. It's just weird.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 6:30 PM  
Yeah I'd like to see pictures of the cuda. No hurry by any means.
posted by Blogger Christian D. at 9:48 AM