Monday, May 09, 2005

Women Want me, Weeds Fear me.

So, I spent the weekend hacking away at these weeds we have in the back yard with my handy extra quiet weed eater string. I don't know what made me get sucha wild hair to take down the rest of these, but it's been an ongoing project that I had a fire about getting finished. Well, I knocked out about another eight feet of weeds, but don't worry I don't have to mow back there because it's too much of a slope. I'll do something with it, just not sure what. Anyway, I cut and raked this thicket for another good four hours, then cut the grass. So about halfway through my merciless slaying of weeds, I get a text message on my phone. I normally leave the phone inside, but the wife was out shopping so I thought I'd keep it close by. The text message reads "Feel like playin dirty again tonight?" I didn't recognize the number but I thought for a second it was my wife messing with me on her moms cell phone so I played along. I respond "Oh yeah, you got a hot friend you wanna bring this time?" I didn't hear anything back so I started up the weedeater and as soon as I did the phone starts going off again. So I open another new text message from the same number "You're not normally in to threesomes, but I can bring someone." I had to laugh because at this point, I'm certain it isn't my wife and my mother-in-law playing a joke on me. So I said "Well, the wife isn't home right now and I need a shower so if you guys want to head on over I'll leave the front door unlocked." Waited a minute, started the weedeater, phone goes off, turn the weedeater off, open the phone to "How long have you been married??" "Almost two years," I respond. A minute later I get "I think I have the wrong number...sorry." So I respond "Thanks for the laugh." I didn't get a response after that but it was pretty funny. I wish I could have seen the look on her face when she found out she'd sent it to the wrong guy.

3 Comments:

ROFLMAO...that was good about the text messaging! Did you tell the wife about it?
posted by Blogger Christian D. at 1:38 PM  
Oh yeah, I thought I couldn't keep that one to myself.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 10:07 AM  
Wow. My dating life could have been so much more interesting if text messaging had been this huge years ago.

Where are ya'll going this weekend?
posted by Blogger Jenn at 4:05 PM