Sunday, June 12, 2005

Home at last...

So, I've been out for a while with only a mildly amusing story from the road this time. To answer the questions on the previous blog, I was out on business. I would tell you what it was, but that might lead to what I do and that could be bad.

Anyway, I'm home safely and here is my mildly amusing story. In this cross-country adventure I took I got to meet up with someone I've been talking to online for quite a few years now that I'd never met. I guess we never discussed age, but we always assumed we were around the same age. He turned out to be 43 and I'm 27 so we were both wrong. Anyway, he's from Mass. and wasn't used to the heat of the deep south where we were. He said something about the heat and I said "well, that's why we have sweet tea down here to keep cool." At 43 years of age, he didn't know what I was talking about. One of his friends said "Down here they have tea with the sugar already mixed in." His response was a confused "Why would you want that?" So later that night at dinner I saw him across the room from us and he hadn't seen us yet. I asked our waiter if she would please take him a glass of sweet tea and put it on my tab and with a funny look she agreed. He gets it and looks at the waitress with this "I didn't order this look" so she told him it was from the gentlemen across the room and I looked up and waived at him. He ended up liking the tea and came over to say "I was enjoying my tea and trying to remember when the last time a man bought me a drink was." It was kinda funny, but he doesn't drink so the sweet tea was appropriate. I told him if he was nice enough I'd send that secret back across the Mason-Dixon line with him.

Glad to be home, hope everyone was well while I was away.

3 Comments:

Welcome back. Probably good to be back home after such a long trip. Did the wife keep care of the lawn while you were gone?
posted by Blogger Christian D. at 9:57 PM  
Wow, that seemed to go by quickly. Glad to see you got home safe and sound :).
posted by Blogger Chastity at 1:18 AM  
The lawn was going to be my next blog. The neighbor was nice enough to cut it when he realized I was gone so the lawn looks good.

Thank you Chas, it is nice to be home. Unfortunately for this trip I didn't have any good stories like the drunk girl ordeal so it went pretty smooth.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 6:47 AM