Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Next Rest Stop 147 miles, Next Radio Station NOT playing Rascal Flatts 147,000 miles...

So, headed out for my last trip for a while. I've noticed in these travels that rest stops can be few and far between and radio stations that don't suck can be fewer and farther between. These last few days I've worn out the seek button searching for something that doesn't suck, but it seems when I get out of town all I find are commercials and Rascal Flatts. It's not that Rascal Flatts is a bad group, but when you're trying to stay away and all you hear are slow songs - that can get old. Every time I found a station that was playing something good like "It's 5:00 Somewhere," or something you can sing to, they cut instantly in to the same slow and depressing song by Rascal Flatts. Those types of songs I can do without. Last week I was almost dead asleep and finally I found some AC/DC and came in right on the start of Money Talks. I was wired after that.

Sorry, no interesting story from the road this week. I was out of state and found some beer at a gas station that we can't get here so I got a six pack of it. I was welcomed to the counter by a large black woman that said "I ain't meanin to be all up in yo bidness, but how much you be payin fo dat?" It was like $6 and she said "Dats why I can't be drankin...dats too much money for me now cracka. Dats fine if dats whut yus be wantin to do, but I can't even be doin dat." Her friends that were buying wine coolers said "Leave dat white boy alone...don't nobudy care if you be's drankin o not gurl." She winked at me and said "Aiit huney...have yosef a nice day."

Anyway, I'm headed out for now. I should be back to blogger land and back to normal in two weeks. Take care everyone.

2 Comments:

She called you "cracka"...to your face...that's funny.
posted by Blogger Chastity at 10:28 AM  
Just exactly what is this road trip your taking for? Pleasure or business?

Best of luck whatever it's for. And if it's for business I hope it's worth it!

Getting your workouts in on the road?
posted by Blogger Christian D. at 2:33 PM