Monday, June 27, 2005

A Sure enough case of the Mondays...

So, Mondays are the long day for the soon to be former Internet Salesman. I had fully intended to get a full nights sleep last night but somehow that didn't work. The weekend was good, I got my grass cut, my hair cut, and got to take the Cuda out for a weekend cruise. We drove up to Cleveland with my friend that has a 34 Ford Street Rod that's pretty cool so it was fun.

Sunday was a good afternoon to watch the race. My friend Mike came over and showed me his new Aprillia race bike. It's probably too fast for him but it's a cool bike. It would be too fast for me, don't get me wrong. Well, we had dinner with our friends Brandi and KT. KT is a long running friend of mine and Brandi is his girlfriend. She fixed dinner for us last night. It was home made lasagna with salad (which I don't eat) and garlic bread. For dessert she had home made Tiramisu and it was awesome. I was stuffed. I probably had too much wine and beer (it was Italian beer because we were all festive) so the wife drove home. I guess I was celebrating my new employment but I got carried away. We ended up playing board games until 1:00 in the morning and I had to be back at work at 7:00 a.m. to let everyone know this was my last few days. Needless to say I am tired. I was trying to figure out how to nap at work and not get caught but it doesn't look like that will work. Three more hours and I'm headed home. If I've ever had a case of the Monday's, that would be today. Now that everyone knows I'm leaving I've got those that are happy, those that pitch their ideas, and those that want a job. Okay, they know what we all make here so it's not like I can hire everyone off the sales floor here. It'd be nice to take them with me but that's not really possible. Well, there isn't much going on so I'm just kinda spacing out at my desk. Don't worry though, it looks like I'm doing work. That counts right?

4 Comments:

Getting a good nights sleep never works out for me either.
posted by Anonymous Anonymous at 5:45 PM  
Yeah, I wake up too much so I know how you feel.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 11:38 AM  
Drinking a little too much wine or beer when celebrating something so exciting is OK in my book.
posted by Blogger Chastity at 3:24 PM  
Cool. I probably won't have another day like that for a while, but boy did I enjoy it.

Hope all is well Chas.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 5:16 PM