Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Two weeks notice...am I crazy?

Well, it's official. I'm on my way out. I gave notice yesterday so I'll be out at the end of this month. I can't really say it's because I'm tired of it, or didn't like it. I'm actually going in to business for myself. I guess it's the american dream to be your own boss so I'm going to see what living that dream is like. I'm having a new template developed and I'll have a new blog name soon. Maybe I'll be a little more laid back, but I think this is a good move for me and my hot wife so hopefully it will work out. I like the idea of being my own boss, and when I talked to my boss today (the owner of the company) he said "I think you're the right kind of guy for this, you'll do really well." Coming from him, that meant a lot. He's not one that pays compliments or anything of the sort to anyone. He's also been named small business person of the year for this state more than once so I'm glad to know he thinks I'm capable of being my own boss. Shortly, I'll be miles away from the ordinary and on to something new. Maybe it will pay well enough that I can get that Viper I've always wanted around mid-life crisis time.

8 Comments:

Any chance you're going to tell us what kind of business you're going into??
posted by Blogger Chastity at 12:10 AM  
Yeah, but that might ruin the suspense. It's totally opposite from what I'm doing now though, I can tell you that.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 6:40 AM  
Congrats and good luck. That has to be a good feeling.

And now I know Im being punished. Nice blog name. Really.
posted by Blogger Jenn at 10:23 AM  
Glad to see you noticed. I'll change it to something less offensive if you'd like.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 10:39 AM  
Good luck on the new biz!
posted by Blogger ABC at 11:33 AM  
Congratulations. I've thought about the same thing. Starting my own biz as well. Mainly in the internet world since it's what I know. I still have dreams of doing it, but with my type of personality I'm not one to take the risks like that. Perhaps I'll reach some point where I will have to.

Look forward to hearing what the new biz is and what you'll be doing.

Keep us posted.
posted by Blogger Christian D. at 2:22 PM  
That's cool guys, thanks for the support.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 4:57 PM  
Im not offended. I think it's funny. And Im flattered that you change your template just for me!
posted by Blogger Jenn at 5:55 PM