Saturday, June 25, 2005

Welcome to the new home...

Ahh, it's much nicer here. Much less stress and the view is great! I have to give credit - Interblogger did an awesome job on the template so if the free templates are dull you should check him out. Consider him the cure for the common blog.

So, the change of pace comes because I'm no longer an Internet Salesman. As much fun as it was, fun doesn't pay for your house or the upgrades you'd like to do to it. Anyway, I'll be my own boss and I'm doing something that's way out of the ordinary for me. I'm running a bookstore that we've recently purchased. This is out of the ordinary for me because I don't read (yes, I can read I just don't read for pleasure) and I don't know much about books. However, it looks to be fun and I'll get to use these mad people skills that I've developed. No laughs there please. At any rate, welcome to the new home. We're Miles Away From Ordinary, the Corona's are always cold, and the view is always great.

14 Comments:

Everything turned out well on the new look.

Good luck with the bookstore. I think you will like having your own business.
posted by Anonymous Anonymous at 11:11 AM  
I love the new look, and it's not just b/c my husband designed it. It looks really nice.
posted by Blogger Chastity at 11:16 AM  
Thank you both! J did a wonderful job on the new template. It rocks. We'll see you guys again soon!
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 11:34 AM  
I just noticed the title still says, "Rantings of an Internet Salesman". :)
posted by Anonymous Anonymous at 2:47 PM  
I was wondering how we changed that?
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 4:05 PM  
Like the new look. I saw it earlier this morning on interblogger's site! Might have to consider updating my site or having him come up with a site for me! Humm...

And the bookstore was totally not the way I was thinking you would go!!! I thought I had read a little something awhile ago in your blog about wanting to do something with cars. I suppose you'll be putting up a site for the bookstore and doing some online stuff at some point?
posted by Blogger Christian D. at 5:50 PM  
Christian:
If you want me to design you a new template I might be able to hook you up with the cool blogger discount.
posted by Anonymous Anonymous at 12:14 AM  
Congrats on starting out on your own. You'll need a good CPA. I recommend Tom Nickell here in Chattanooga. I use him for all my books.
posted by Anonymous Anonymous at 8:09 AM  
Cool, thanks friend.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 8:35 AM  
Dude! You bought a BOOKSTORE! HELLO! CAN I HAVE A JOB!!! I read EVERYTHING. That is just too friggin cool. Where is it??? DETAILS MAN!
posted by Blogger Jenn at 10:36 AM  
Hey, I like what you've done with the place!

Good luck with the bookstore; that actually sounds like it could be great fun!
posted by Blogger ABC at 12:03 PM  
It looks like it will be fun, but we will see.

Boonzie, are you ever going to blog again?
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 1:52 PM  
Wowza!! Very sweet!

I'm back - just not blogging yet.

But definately doing email if you want to drop me a line!

Love the new look!
posted by Blogger Sprinkles at 12:16 PM  
I'm with Jenn! Except that I live in Chattanooga and actually NEED a job. Congrats!
posted by Blogger anya at 6:23 PM