Friday, July 29, 2005

Blog Neglect

So I've been neglecting my blog lately but I've got a few minutes for a couple of good Milton3P0 stories if you do. I had to go on campus to visit the dreaded campus bookstore and he had to go to the library so we split up for a minute. I walked around the bookstore just to see what they had and how the competition looked. They didn't much care to have me in there so they watched me like a hawk the whole time I was there. Anyway, Milton comes walking in from the library which is just a few blocks away. He's covered in sweat. I thought he'd run through a sprinkler or something he was so drenched. I said "Milton are you alright?" He was breathing like he'd run a marathon and at 295lbs he didn't run too much at all. It turns out he's allergic to the sun. I seriously thought I was going to have to take him to the ER because he was breathing so heavy and he was more pale than usual. He told me not to worry, he was just allergic to the sun and I shouldn't worry...sir. I didn't think you could be allergic to the sun and live to be 39, but that is just me. So he starts to tell me he's always had this problem and said "When I was a child sir, I was bleeding out of my ears before my mother would bring me inside. We never had this conversation though." I said "Okay, is there a reason why we didn't have this conversation?" His response (you guessed it) "Yes sir." He left it at that and went on. He got back in the air conditioning - which he kept the building a "comfortable" 58 degrees and was still breathing heavy and sweating for another hour before he cooled off. His mom came to pick him up and that was all I heard about it. Weird I tell you...weird.

3 Comments:

WOW. That would probably be something that you need to know.

I actually saw a show on this syndrome. One of the network affiliates had it on. I also think Dean Koontz has written a book on a character like that.
posted by Blogger Christian D. at 10:31 AM  
Hmm... I just thought he was weird. He still is, but I didn't know you could really be allergic to the sun.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 11:55 AM  
That is why he can speak Old-English. He is a vampire. I knew it...
posted by Anonymous Anonymous at 10:28 AM