Thursday, July 21, 2005

What the heck is this?

So, today was Milton3P0's last day. I figured I'd let him have run of the radio since he was there and brought his own CD player. He asks what I like to listen to and I said everything. He's a huge fan of classical music. He told me last week "Sir, if I may...I would like to reccomend that you leave the music in this store as classical music. I feel that this is the best setting for a learning environment such this bookstore is." Well, if that is the case - I'm not going to have the best setting. I just bought Sirius Satellite radio so I'm going to have something a little more upbeat. I haven't put it to much use yet, but I'm working on it. I'll give you guys a review when I get it working. Back to the matter at hand. The CD Milton brought out was honest to God called Medival Babes. They sang in Old English (he's fluent in that you know) and he translated just about everything for me the first time he played the CD. Then he played it again. He seemed to enjoy it and since it was his last day I figured whatever it took to make him happy was fine. Then he said "Sir, this next song is great. Would you have a problem if I turned up the volume? I like to listen to this one loud." He turned it up two notches and thought he was offending me with his "loud music." I guess they make CD's called Medival Babes just for people like him. I'm guessing that's not in the best sellers section at Best Buy. So he left and he's headed to grad school. I guess now no one will be around to call me sir all the damn time. I can't say as I'm complaining....sir...

Also, we saw the Wedding Crashers last night. It's very American Pie, Something about Mary type humor. It isn't quite as vulgar as either of those but those are what everyone else is comparing it too. I laughed so hard I almost busted a blood vessel in my head. I really thought I was going to die laughing for a minute. There is a lot of sex type humor but this movie is so funny I'm considering going to see it again while it's still in the theaters to catch the parts I missed while I was laughing. Anyway, if you need a good adult humor laugh - this will do it for you.

5 Comments:

Are you going to replace Milton?

I'm going to wait for Wedding Crashers.

However it's supposed to be HOT this weekend (112 on Sunday) so I may spend a good part of the day inside. Perhaps a movie.
posted by Blogger Christian D. at 10:11 AM  
Not sure if I'm going to replace him yet or not. I've got family and friends that are going to work through the first rush so I shouldn't have to just yet. Eventually, I probably will. Hopefully I'll find someone more my speed.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 3:19 PM  
Employee's is one area that my parents are dealing with right now and unfortunately where they live the work force is not that good. Hopefully you'll be able to find someone good and keep them!
posted by Blogger Christian D. at 12:33 PM  
You thought Wedding Crashers was that funny, huh. I liked it, but not nearly that much. I thought it was one of those that they showed way to many of the funny parts in the previews...hate it when they do that.
posted by Blogger Chastity at 12:05 AM  
Jen didn't much care for it either, but I like Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson pretty well so I'm already laughing when I know they're in something.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 7:53 AM