Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Nice to be missed...I think

So, I wondered when I left my old job if they would ever miss me or call to see how to do my old job. My old job wasn't that hard, but I didn't train anyone to do it before I left. I asked my boss if he wanted me to spend time with someone and he said "No, it isn't that hard. We'll make do." So I figured it would be his problem when someone didn't know what to do. It was. Yesterday morning my phone rang and it was the old job. It was a guy I used to work with screaming at me becuase I'd given my wireless keyboard to a guy that needed a new keyboard. He started yelling and carrying on that he had seniority and this and that. I finally had to tell him to shut up because I just didn't care. I was friends with the guy I gave my stuff to, and wasn't really friends with him. He didn't need it, and the guy that has it did need it. Anyway, I ended up hanging up on him because I don't work there and I put a lot of hard work in to that company to get yelled at by the company boob about seniority. So a couple of hours later my phone rings again...and it's him..again. This time he's asking me to walk him through doing my job. If this was a two minute deal, that would be fine. It's not. So I helped him for a minute and I had a customer come in so I said I had to go. Then he starts yelling again. "I need your help damnit, I can't do this!! Are you not even going to try to help me??!?" So I said "Ask your boss, he seemed to know how to do it." His response - "He was the one that told me to call you because he can't do it either!" I told him if he wanted me to come in and show them how to do it, I'd be glad to but I'd be back on the payroll for a day before I did. Maybe that was shallow, but I've got a lot of work to do here and getting yelled at because they can't figure something out really isn't my problem. Especially not when I tried to help before I left. Anyway, that should be the last time I hear from them. I'd like to say they're smart and they'll figure it out, but they won't.

I've got another good Milton3P0 story that I'll bring to you later in the week. Today we've got much to do, but the renovations are almost complete. The lady at the college store makes this so easy on me. She generally hates people (me included) so when she pisses them off they come to me. You would think that wouldn't happen, but it's happened every day this week. More later, I have a floor to strip now.

3 Comments:

ahhh...I wonder the same thing about my job when I leave it. If they'll train anyone. Probably not, which is fine. But if they need my help it's on the clock at double what I made! :) Well maybe. Depends on who calls! Don't think it will come to that however. So can you tell us who you previously worked for or should I e-mail you?
posted by Blogger Christian D. at 12:48 PM  
That's funny that they think you'd care about something like "seniority" when you probably won't have to worry about that word ever again.

I think you're being completely fair with them. You asked him if he wanted you to stay on and train someone before you left. He turned it down; now it's his problem.
posted by Blogger Chastity at 11:08 PM  
I'd love to tell you where I used to work, but shoot me an e-mail. Probably shouldn't post it here.

Yes Chas, they think I care about seniority. I got another call last night about how to do something else from a different guy. He's still a friend though so I didn't mind helping him.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 7:27 AM