Monday, July 18, 2005

Still around...

I'm still around, just not much time to blog. We've been staying at the in-laws house watching the dog while they are out of town. I guess we've been there over a week, but it feels like forever. I've been walking the dog first thing in the morning and heading to work to get here around 7:30. The days are busy, but good. I'm making worlds of progress so we should be up and running in no time. This weekend we painted the ceiling and pulled up most of the 15 year old carpet tile so we can strip the concrete and paint. If anyone knows of a good way to kill carpet glue thats 15 years old - I am wide open to suggestions.

In the mean time, they're repaving my road so this is a good time to renovate. We've got State Prisoners working on the highway and I thought I'd show them some good will by taking them a cold 12 pack of cokes. If I'm ever in Prison, I'll have at least 12 friends there as it stands right now.

Milton and I are getting along pretty well. Well enough that this morning he read me an old book he found here in Latin. So far I've found that he's fluent in French, Old English (like Beowulf old english), and Latin. I think I've heard him talk in Hebrew as well. If anyone had any doubts that he was a protocol droid, you shouldn't have them anymore.

In other weekend news, we saw Charlie and the Chocolate Factory this weekend. If you liked the original, I wouldn't bother with this one until it comes out on video.. We read a review that said it was better than the original and it was not. It wasn't a bad movie, and I didn't hate it, but don't look for it to win any awards. It's very modernized from the original version and Johnny Depp is pretty good but it's not the story that everyone knows and loves. It's different pretty much all around. The only similarites are Willy Wonka and of course Charlie. The plot is the same, they just go about it differently. At any rate, we should see the Wedding Crashers one night this week so I'll review that one when we see it. I hope everyone had a great weekend!

5 Comments:

I just recently watched Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. I thought it was okay. I think it needs to be modernized a bit. I hope they don’t deviate from the meaning of the movie. I should have no problem waiting for video on this one.
posted by Anonymous Anonymous at 1:49 PM  
I haven't seen Charlie in the Chocolate factory. Either one of them. Don't plan on it either. Wife thinks I should see them. I'll pass until it comes out on video.

Did see another preview of Dukes of Hazzard! Hello Daisy (I have a crush on Jessica...but what male doesn't!)
posted by Blogger Christian D. at 8:32 PM  
If you have a crush on Jessica - you need to see her Boots are Made For Walking remake video. You can view it on the Dukes of Hazzard site. It's nice.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 7:31 AM  
I'll be heading there tonight when I get home from work! Or perhaps I need to lay in a dose of MTV or MTV2 to get the real effect! :)
posted by Blogger Christian D. at 10:45 AM  
I hadn't seen Willy Wonka all the way through until a few days ago;I wasn't too impressed. It was OK, but I was a little surprised it's such a classic. I can definitely wait for rental on the new one. Can't wait for your Wedding Crashers review!
posted by Blogger Chastity at 10:51 AM