Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Thank you Blockbuster!

So after my DVD buying frenzie at Circuit City this weekend I needed to get rid of some extra's and movies we don't watch. I thought I'd trade some at Blockbuster because they usually guarantee $5 for anything you trade in. So I trade in two movies and the guy said "Their appears to be a credit on your account. Did you want that on the card as well?" I couldn't imagine what we had a credit for, but told him that would be fine. He told me the credit was for two movies that we had been billed for, returned, and then were sold. We never paid for these movies. They gave us around $40 in credit for absolutely nothing. So I took that as a sign to buy four movies and rent two. We still have $10 leftover as credit. I'm not sure how this worked out, but we now have four new movies that we wanted but couldn't justify paying for. On the downside they wouldn't take The Forgotten in trade because they had too many of them, and it's a crappy movie. If I never reviewed that one, don't bother. It just wasn't that good.

Well, tomorrow is December 1st which means we only have 24 shopping days until Christmas. Anybody got anything really good on their Christmas list? Me personally, just a lot of tools. That's about it from here. The lights should go on the house and the decorations should go on the new tree this week.

7 Comments:

Just boring stuff on my Christmas list. If I knew we had some more money to spend I'd be going for the expensive items! I got the wifes christmas shopping done already. Did Amazon. I will be doing this from now on. No fighting the crowds...plus your money goes further.
posted by Blogger Christian D. at 10:10 AM  
Yeah, my story of fighting the crowds is still making me mad so I haven't blogged it yet.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 11:22 AM  
Ipod Nano. I hope.
posted by Blogger Jenn at 4:59 PM  
Nano is one seriously SEXY gadget. I really am seriously considering getting rid of my mini to get one.
Mike
posted by Anonymous Anonymous at 10:25 PM  
Nope, could have gotten the iPod Nano but I just don't want one that bad really. I waited for a $200 Toshiba Laptop. I didn't get one and I was a little pissed.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 9:05 AM  
It's not often that a store gives you money...that's pretty awesome. I wasn't a big fan of The Forgotten either; sounds like no one was.
posted by Blogger Chastity at 10:39 PM  
Yeah, I remember we were going to go see that or Closer. Looks like we would have struck out either way we went huh?
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 12:25 PM