Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Sirius radio is awesome...

So I've said it before, but I like it. I found a station (Sirius 21 for the satellite radio gifted) that I really like. The music is unedited, and the DJ is pretty funny. I think they're limited to time they can spend on the air, but thanks to Orson Wells and his War of the Worlds broadcast, radio stations have to identify themselves periodically. This guy has been making bets on Monday night Football for Hurricane Katrina relief. You bet him $30 and if he wins your money goes to the relief effort, if you win, his money goes to the relief effort and you get to make him play a song, or prank him on the air. He lost on Monday because the Colts beat the Patriots (finally) so he was playing songs and dedicating them to people and one guy pranked him....really good. He came on the air laughing and said "This is what I get for betting on the Patriots. Here is Franz Ferdinand on Alt Nation 21...geez...I have an embarrassingly small penis. Thanks New England." One of the people that beat him made him say that on the air. The next guy just requested Red Hot Chili Peppers. I'm personally not a fan of them, just not. So the guy sent his letter in saying he saw them live and they were great. His response "Really? You've seen them live? If anyone out there sees the Chili Peppers live and they play something you've not heard before...call and let us know. If any band needs some new material it has to be them." No kidding.

In other news, phone and internet was down all day yesterday so when the phones were working apparently some lines were crossed because some guy called looking for his girlfriend Stephi...yeah...not Stephanie...Stephi. He called five times and got me every time. He couldn't believe he had the wrong number, he thought I was with Stephi and wanted me to quit wasting his time and put her on the phone. So he started cussing and telling me he KNEW she was there and didn't know who I thought I was... So I gave in. "You're right man, I've got Stephi here but she's tied up. Seems she likes it rough. If you don't mind I'm working here and should really get back to it." He went ballistic. "Man! I'm comin to get you! Who you think you is??? You best be lettin her go befo I get there!!!" I probably shouldn't have done that, but if he really wasn't dialing my number then he doesn't know who he called. Hopefully he found Stephi and learned she wasn't tied up by any strange man in the middle of the day.

3 Comments:

I swear there must be something down in the water down there. You get more obnoxious phone calls than anyone I know!
posted by Blogger Christian D. at 6:14 PM  
You're an asshole. ;-)
posted by Blogger Jenn at 10:20 PM  
It's really amazing the number of phone calls I get that aren't for the store. What's more amazing is how insanely rude you have to be to make them believe you're not who they're looking for.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 8:09 AM