Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Movie Reviews

In between our favorite TV shows we've managed to catch a few movies over the weekend. Seeing as how I love movies, it's nice to get to watch stuff blow up at home and shake the house, or make the neighbors ask "What movie were you guys watching last night?" Cool.

Batman Begins - Okay, so I reviewed it this summer after we saw it in the theaters. I'd say it was tied with Episode III for best movie of the year. It was great. I love that movie and with any luck, Mike and I will start a tumbler project next fall. It's way better than any of the other Batman movies, and if you can get past Katie Holmes (who really only visits the movie) you'll look forward to the sequel too. It's going to be awesome.

Longest Yard - So it's a remake. It's still funny. My wife hates Adam Sandler movies and I think even she liked this one. It's worth a rental and maybe even a copy. Not something you should buy and watch repeatedly, but it's funny.

How To Lose a Guy in 10 Days - Yeah, this one was my wifes pick. It's as predictable and corny as a chic flick can be. No girls in their underwear or random nakedness so no real value for guys. It was moderately funny but it's not something I'll pop in the DVD player just for fun. Me watching this should open the door for the Star Wars Saga...meaning the wife should sit down and watch all of them. She hasn't seen them. Weird isn't it?

Doom - Saw this one in the theater with Mike. It's pretty good. Glad we saw a matinee. If you're a big fan of the game you'll probably like it. The fight scene at the end with the Rock was dumb, but typical Rock fighting. There should have been more big aliens rather than just people turning in to psychotic aliens. Probably not one I'll watch again.

Office Space - A Classic. What I saw of this last night made me so glad I don't work in an office. It's just been re-released in a With Flair Edition. The deleted scenes are funny and the gift pack is corny. I haven't played with the DVD ROM features yet, but I'll get to it.

I did get to buy Episode III on DVD the other night but haven't had a chance to sit down and watch it. This weekend isn't looking so hot either, but eventually I'll get to. Now I'm just waiting for the Saga Pack to come out. Yes, I bought the trilogy and own the other three individually but I am going to buy the large $100 movie set when it comes out. It's okay, I'm a Star Wars dork but so are all the cool people.

7 Comments:

Doom was that decent? Hummm...now I'm thinking I might have to go and see it at a matinee....Been a fan of the games for awhile. hummmmm...mayve if I have the time this weekend.
posted by Blogger Christian D. at 9:59 AM  
Adam Sandler is great. Happy Gilmore is my fav.

Matt McConahaugh is HOT. I want the gold dress.

Batman Begins is AWESOME. And the younger half of TomKat isn't going to be in the sequel. THANK GOD.

Star Wars is actually crap. The lines are poorly written and most of the acting is horrible. But that's the appeal. We've all made it into something we love, and we fill in the gaps that Lucas left in his attempt to hurry the hell up. That said. JEN YOU HAVE TO SEE THESE MOVIES. FROM START TO FINISH. Even though Episode 1 will make you want to slit your wrists. I reccomend trying to figure out when it's Natalie Portman and when it's Keira Knightley. Keira did a great job emulating NP.
posted by Blogger Jenn at 10:36 AM  
Yes, these movies have to be seen from Start to Finish, especially since you've never seen them before. Episode I is only bad because of Jar Jar Binks. He sucks. Just think of how good the light saber duels and pod races will sound on our home stereo honey!
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 10:44 AM  
The Office Space is sooo awesome, and with the re-release they have an awesome website too on newcastlebrown.com. i spent most of today calling my friends and playing the milton sound bites!
posted by Anonymous Anonymous at 7:22 PM  
And we ARE going to see Jarhead this weekend. And you will then put forth every effort you can muster to convince me not to join the special forces, and stick with my loser day job. 'cause that 18X contract is looking more and more tempting EVERY day.
Even if Jake Gylenhall is pretty small to be playing the part of a freaking Recon Marine(this was a guy that could bench press 405lbs before he graduated high school). He went to the U of I's writers workshop too, so there are obviously some brains to go with it. I love tagline, "Welcome to the SUCK."
I do the same thing as Michael Bolton, and I am not meant for an office job. Office Space makes the hate grow.
Mike
posted by Anonymous Anonymous at 10:48 PM  
Mike in special forces. You have the attitude for it. Methinks it would be a perfect fit.

And Jen have you seen Ep III? Skip one and two and watch 3-6. They are the winners.
posted by Blogger Jenn at 11:53 AM  
She's seen two, one she sleeps through. Three she's not seen. If I could just get her in to 3-6 that would be nice, but I need a refresher in one and two so she probably does too.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 3:18 PM