Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Pimping your ride is catching on....

So, we were at Wal-Mart this weekend and we were returning some things so the wife did the shopping and I returned the movies that we got a better price on (Thank you Columbia House). On my way to meet up with her, I found a guy that had plastic spinners in his car. Knowing that I'm an evil bastard, I stopped to ask him where he found those. Proud of his new purchase, he showed be where they were. Now, not only can you pimp your ride at Auto Zone, but Wal-Mart is cashing in on that action as well. They had such a wide variety that making a choice on which ones to buy was hard. Sadly, I left them all there and the Jeep still has no spinners. I was pulling in to a gas station this morning and a guy pulls up in a late model Lexus - WITH PLASTIC SPINNERS! Why in God's name would you do this to a luxury car? Once again being an evil bastard, I decided to compliment this Mr. T clone (not making that up) on his plastic spinners and he informed me that he purchased them at Wal-Mart. Wonderful. I'm glad to know if I ever own a luxury car (not really my style, and I don't care for anything Lexus makes) I can put a $100 set of spinners on it from Wal-Mart. This guy took me seriously and wanted me to look at the disco ball he had hanging from the rear view mirror (a must for every truly pimped ride) and his leopard print steering wheel cover. Some days I don't know what the automotive industry is coming to. However, I'm glad to know we can keep it real and represent it on all fronts now. So, if you're out for pimping your ride, Wal-Mart now brings you the convenience of picking up groceries on your way.

2 Comments:

Your spinner updates always make me chuckle.

My sister in law had a Nissan Sentra in college and she hated the car and never wanted to invest money into it...so she bought plastic hubcaps for it. One day we were out driving and we heard a ~~CLUNK~~ and it was one of her plastic hubcaps falling off. She about died of embarrassment and refused to turn around to get it.

She's got a couple really nice cars now, but it's fun to remind her of her plastic hubcap days.
posted by Blogger Sprinkles at 1:14 PM  
Perhaps she should have had some plastic spinners? Then they would have fallen off when she was driving and that would have been way more entertaining. So many spinners, so little time.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 2:26 PM