Friday, October 08, 2004

Are you sure this isn't Monday?

So, I'm leaving to go to my doctor's appointment this morning. I despise the doctor's office. I'm leaving late because I stayed home too long. I don't get too far out of the neighborhood and a cop has some old lady pulled over. The lady made an attempt to get out of the road, but this stupid cop decided to block an entire lane of the road. Being an antagonist at this point on the morning, I decided to ask this particular officer (who was on his cell phone) why he opted to put his car in the middle of the street with every light he had blinking and flashing. He looked at me as if he didn't know how to answer so I said "Look, if this is to get attention, you could have done it out of the road and not stopped traffic. We can all see you, we know you're enforcing the law - now you've made us all late because of it." Upon hearing this he asked me to pull over which I said I didn't have time for. Turns out, he'd pulled this lady over for a broken tail light. He didn't come after me, mostly because he couldn't get me for anything, and probably because he knew I was right. He was being a bully and got called out on it.

So I make it to the doctor's office just as they're opening and start the wait. I have to be at work at 10, and I'm here at 8. By 8:30, I'm greeted by a nurse who hates people that takes my weight and my blood pressure. She also informs me that they don't see people this early and why was I here. Yesterday I made an appointment for 8 a.m. so I could be on time. She informed me that I did not call in, and I didn't know what I was talking about. This woman had the personality of a wet mop. They took X-rays and the whole nine yards. Everyone I met besides the doctor was rude, and they have me listed as a female patient. I had this problem last time. Nothing is humbling like hearing "How you are you today ma'am?" when a doctor walks in the room. Honestly, this really shouldn't be a question. I don't look, act, or dress feminine in any shape form or fashion.

I think they have a rule about how long you have to wait before you see a doctor when you're there. I was there for an hour and a half. People walked by, rolled their eyes, and generally didn't want to deal with me. The verdict - physical therapy twice a week because it seems I've done some pretty heavy damage to the tendons in my elbow. So I get some pain killers, physical therapy, and another doctors appointment in two weeks. Maybe then we'll start working on my knee.

If you're out at the movie theather this weekend, Ladder 49 is pretty good. We watched a bootleg copy of it the other night, and it was okay. If you're a girl, take some tissues - you'll cry. Every girl in the room cried the other night as it does have some sad parts. Overall, it wasn't too bad. I probably would have rather paid to see it, but this worked okay.

3 Comments:

Having a vague recollection of what you look like, I find it pretty humorous that anyone would mistake you for a "ma'am" :).
posted by Blogger Chastity at 12:51 AM  
Hmm...I guess that's good. I don't think I look feminine at all - not even a little bit.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 8:20 AM  
Nope you are definitely Alpha Male. What were those left wing weiners thinking?
posted by Blogger Jenn at 9:31 AM