Monday, October 04, 2004

So we joined Netflix

As if we don't have enough movies to watch already - I decided to take a free 30 day trial of netflix. It seems pretty cool. There is a relay center in Chattanooga so we get movies pretty quick. I probably won't keep it past the 30 day trial, but it got us three movies this weekend that we hadn't seen and were debating buying. We got Mean Girls, The Princess Bride, and Cold Mountain. I know, you're thinking this was a suckfest but it wasn't too bad. As my friend Chastity said, Mean Girls isn't that bad. Personally, I think Lindsey Lohan is hot and I'll never sing Jingle Bell Rock the same way again, but the movie probably would have been more enjoyable if I was a teenage girl. However, I'm not so this wasn't brand of motor oil. If you get the free 30 day trial of Netflix, rent this one because no one will see you picking it out in the video store. The movie gets a six, Lindsey Lohan gets a nine. My wife had never seen the Princess Bride which is a funny fairy tale type movie that I've liked since I was a kid, so I made her watch it. I think she liked it more than she lead on, so this movies scores a nine in my book as always. Cold Mountain we've yet to see. The in-laws wanted to see that so I rented it for them. I can't rate that one yet, but I'll keep you posted. I did get to watch most of The Punisher this weekend and it was awesome so far. As far as action movies go, it's a 10 to this point. Still have 30 minutes to go, but it's good like Payback with Mel Gibson (a classic revenge movie). I'll give the final rating (which I know you're all dying to get) once I finish.

Well, we didn't go to Talledega this weekend so that was kindof a bummer. However, I did get to drive a 70 year old Indy Car around town this weekend and that was way fun. Nothing like some ancient technology to put the wind in your face (no windshield) and a ring in your ears (a straight eight with no mufflers). If that had been a Chrysler product, I would have been in heaven. Well, I would have been more at home I suppose, but it was a great opportunity that I hope the owner knows I appreciated very much. It's not every day someone trusts you with that kind of car so I was blown away.

That's it for me today - enjoy what's left of your Monday.

3 Comments:

Aww..I love The Princess Bride..it's hilarious, a classic. Cold Mountain is good, but sooooooooooo long. Blockbuster is doing a NetFlix sort of deal now too...not sure if it's any cheaper though...knowing BB it probably isn't. However, their Movie Pass is a really good deal if you watch a lot of movies. Plus since the whole "no late fees" thing started, they're a lot easier to deal with.
posted by Blogger Chastity at 5:18 PM  
Cold Mountain blows. Don't even get me started on the draft dodging issues....

And I adore Netflix, I have had it for 3 years, and still love it!
posted by Blogger Jenn at 6:08 PM  
I've heard blockbuster is a little more expensive, but it's more convenient as there is no shipping involved. Our IT guy at work says he can burn 10 DVD's on a Saturday pretty easily. I usually just buy the movies I want through Columbia house, but some of them I want to check out first. I may ask for a DVD burner for Christmas and join back up and stop buying so many movies. We'll see. We haven't gotten to watch Cold Mountain yet, but now I've heard a good and a bad review of it.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 6:45 PM