Saturday, March 12, 2005

I feel used...

Boy, it has been one busy week at work. I know that I've neglected my blog and both of my readers are worried, but rest assured that I'm alive and well.

Okay, so our FedEx rep calls me the other day to tell me that the Episode III trailer is going to be on the OC. Here I'm thinking the OC comes on the same time as CSI so I'm certainly not giving up a night of CSI for the OC, no matter how hot Mischa Barton is. An hour later, our FedEx guy (obviously he's a Star Wars geek as well) calls back and says "Hey, the OC comes on before CSI so you're in good shape." Great. I get to see the Episode III trailer and CSI. Someone failed to mention that the trailer would be at the end of this show. This show is dumb. A mind-numbing hour to see a one minute trailer. This is manipulation at it's finest guys. Dorks everywhere are tuning in to a horrible drama because one of the producers is a Star Wars geek himself. I feel used. Cheated even. The good side is, the trailer was really good. If I could get in line to get tickets now, I'd be there.

While I'm on movie previews, have you ever noticed that the previews before a movie dictate how good or bad the movie is going to be? We should have known when we saw Constantine that when the trailer for House of Wax came on, we were in trouble. There are a few good movies coming out and you can find the ones I'm looking forward to on the right hand side of this page.

Last night we watched The Forgotten with Julianne Moore. It's weird. Weird I tell you. I wasn't sure what to expect, but everyone said it was great, we needed to see it so I bought it. I'm undecided on it, but the effects were neat. I won't say too much in case you have a great desire to see it. It has a twist that is somewhat obvious after about 30 minutes of the movie. I thought the twist was kinda weak, but the movie makes you jump out of your seat more than once. I guess it's worth seeing, but it isn't something like the Matrix or Star Wars that I'd want to watch over and over and over.

9 Comments:

Ok don't get upset with me on this, BUT!, I'm not a huge fan of the new trilogy. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Star Wars. But I think the new trilogy was made too much for marketing and it was too bubble-gummy. I like my movies 'darker', especially something like Star Wars. During the first two movies of the new trilogy, I found myself saying, "Oh they'll make a toy out of that...oh they'll market that too..and that...and that..." I want the evil to be evil and the good to be strong and good. Am I making sense?

Same thing with Batman. The first two were amazing. But then it just turned into marketing garbage. It was depressing to see that happen.

Same thing with Spawn on HBO. It was evil and rich with darkness. Then they made Spawn the movie and it was hideous.

I've heard Episode III is to be the best of the trilogy, but we'll see. I just want it to be serious.
posted by Blogger Sprinkles at 1:08 PM  
Personally, I just want Natalie Portman to die. But since I know she doesn't (Leia has mommy memories) Im just going to stare at Hayden for a few hours. Because I have not enjoyed Ep 1 & 2 at all.

But I can't wait for Sin City. Batman will be good too, and War of the Worlds. What I really want to see is the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. The books were fantastic and the cast looks great!
posted by Blogger Jenn at 1:20 PM  
I agree, EP I and II weren't all that great. I liked them, and the lightsaber duels sound awesome on my new Home Theater System.

I'm with you all the way Insanity on Batman and Spawn.

Jenn - you have issues. I could have played a much better chosen one that Hayden Christiansen. You're my friend and all, but we disagree here. We do agree on Sin City. That's going to be awesome.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 2:02 PM  
Oh, I never said he was a good Vader. He blows. He's a crap actor. BUT. He's hot.

Does that redeem me at all? I just want to drool. And yes, you could have been a better Vader...
posted by Blogger Jenn at 10:52 PM  
I thought The Forgotten was a really cool concept, but they didn't do nearly enough with it. It was like someone thought "Hey, a movie where only one person remembers her kid every existed...that'd be pretty cool" and then they couldn't figure out how to make it work, and The Forgotten as we know it was born.

I can't wait for Sin City either...it's just going to be fun to look at for 2 hours.
posted by Blogger Chastity at 11:21 PM  
Sheesh my blog ain't that bad is it? Im being punished for Hayden aren't I?
posted by Blogger Jenn at 3:10 PM  
Yes Hooters you are. I wondered how long it would take you to notice.

Chas, the Forgotten was good. Better than Closer that's for sure. We liked it, I just thought the mystery behind it wasn't very special when I figured out what it was. It still wasn't bad though.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 3:58 PM  
I must just be me, but I have been having a hard time getting to the comment area as of late! Ugh...first time I've been able to get into here and I'm at work! Yeah!

Looking forward to Batman and Sin City (should view that preview again...Jessica Alba...hell yeah!). Their making a new Spawn movie? Haven't heard of that one.
posted by Blogger Christian D. at 12:32 PM  
Yeah blogger hasn't been very forthcoming with the comments. I noticed Patrick right when you did that, I just couldn't comment on it.


Baby is coming this week, Im close already. I'll call when she arrives!
posted by Blogger Jenn at 4:11 PM