Friday, March 04, 2005

Things I've noticed...

I've noticed people who say they don't car what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don't care what people think. We have a guy here at work who is always saying "I don't care what y'all think." Say that in your mind with the dumbest sounding Southern Drawl ever. Seriously, if you don't care, don't tell us. He got mad when I said "No on here likes you man." His response "I don't give a damn what any of y'all think." My response "That's obvious. You'd bathe more, and talk half as much if you did." Later that day he comes by and says "Hey man, do people here really not like me?" I had to say "Why does that matter, you don't care what any of us think anyway, right?" I left it at that. We like him, he just needs to stop talking all the time.

Do you ever get in to a rut with your manner of saying goodybe and find yourself using the same phrase over and over? Do you begin to feel a little stupid? For instance, if you're leaving a party, and you have to say goodbye to five or six people standing in a group, you say, "Okay, hey, take it easy. Okay, hey, take it easy. Okay, hey, take it easy. Okay, hey, take it easy. Okay, hey, take it easy. Okay, hey, take it easy." And you feel like a damn moron. You know what I do? Every month, whether I need to or not, I change the way I say goodbye. People like that.