Thursday, March 03, 2005

New Girl Update, and Can I ask a stupid question?

Okay, so the new seems to have worn off the new girl. Now she's coming in in lower cut stuff and jeans where her underwear hangs out the top. Honestly, I almost walked by her when she was putting stuff in the magazine rack and said "Say no to crack...please." She walks by the other day giggling as usual and says "So when do you go work out?" Let's see, she saw me there at 8:00 so I'm usually there around 8. Then she says "So when do you think is the best time for me to work out?" It was really hard not to throw out things like "I could care less," or "Any time that I'm not there." Instead I was nice and said "The crowd is always the same, just don't go at night." Now all she does is call around trying to get a date - loudly. Loud enough that all of us know she likes this guy.

So, second topic of the day. Can I ask a stupid question? Yes. You can. The guy that coined that phrase is clearly not alive today. I was in KFC the other day and someone actually asked if they could honor a gift certificate that she thought she had at home. Come on people. Do you think someone would say Yes to such a lame proposal? Also, the person that coined that phrase has never done this job. I get stupid questions every five minutes. When I get asked a normal question, I don't know how to react. It's weird.

5 Comments:

I hear stupid questions all the time...whoever coined the phrase "there's no such thing as a stupid question" is also an idiot.
posted by Blogger Chastity at 7:30 PM  
WOW. that is classic. "I've got a coupon at home" I'm going to have to try that one sometime. NOT! The sad fact is that probably somewhere along the line they were able to use it and can probably use it at another time and place.
posted by Blogger Christian D. at 9:44 PM  
I can imagine Chas you do hear stupid questions every day. I imagine that wears on you some days.

Christian, you would be amazed how often people try that. I worked at Outback and we had people do that all the time. Nine times out of 10, they'd have the gift card, they just wanted to see if we'd let them slide on it "'till tomorrow."
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 10:29 PM  
LOL that's pretty comical!

If that worked, you know how many certicates I'd 'start' forgetting at home? :D
posted by Blogger Sprinkles at 9:30 AM  
um, yeah, not 'start'...but 'forgetting'

ha! See? I'm preparing my stupidity already!

ugh...where's my coffee...
posted by Blogger Sprinkles at 9:31 AM