Friday, May 06, 2005

I HAVE GRASS!!!

So I walked through the back yard today before I left to workout to see how the newly developed areas were doing. I've been throwing seed down and letting it grow and been working really hard to get stuff to grow here - right? We have a place thats a pretty big eyesore and we've nicknamed it burn pit number two. Yes, we have more than one. This one is at the edge of the back yard and the buffoon that lived there tried to burn mulch and topsoil in this particular spot. Whey they wouldn't put it to good use, I don't know. Anyway, I seeded that place pretty heavy and threw down some spray on fertilizer. On my walk today, I have grass growin in that area! How cool is that? Now I have a renewed confidence so I'm going to bring in some more soil and try to get even more grass this weekend. In more discouraging news I tried a grass transplant this past weekend that doesn't look like it's going to work out. We dug up a place in the yard that really sucked to mow and put in a flower bed. I took the grass since it was still good over to some bare spots we had and I think it's starting to die off on me. Oh well, I guess you can't win them all. I threw some water and seed on it last night so maybe I'll have the same luck there that I'm having everywhere else, but we will see I suppose.

As a random thought today. Someone was walking around wanting to make sure everyone's desk was "Clean as a whistle." I've never understood that. Don't people realize when that a whistle is full of spit? Just a though.

Have a good weekend, and Happy Mothers Day to Jenn (Hooter Mom), Instanity, and Manababies!

3 Comments:

Thank you :)

And congrats on your grass!
posted by Blogger Sprinkles at 1:16 PM  
Congratulations on the grass. I know exactly how you feel. I had a big pit in the front yard last year that I dumped to bags of top soil into (still more needed) and seeded it. Once I started watering it, it came up pretty quick.

And Tru-Green was through on Friday. Dandilions gone. Creeping Charlie starting to die. Hahahahahaha!! I will have the best lawn on the block...well maybe. I really need to flatten it out first. And make sure the moles are gone!
posted by Blogger Christian D. at 9:29 PM  
Thanks! And definitely Congrats on the grass. Im going to wait until fall to start that battle. I can't afford to water my grass that much right now. Nashville water is EXPENSIVE! I miss Chatty prices...
posted by Blogger Jenn at 2:53 PM