Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Long days and long nights

So, the bookrush is upon us. It's going well. I can't really complain but hopefully we can move a few more books. Everybody needs books right? This week is going to be long because we work a lot of long hours but I think we're taking some business away from the campus store and I'm hoping that next semester will be a little better.

This weekend my wife and I got in to watching the Lord of the Rings extended cuts. She got them for me for Christmas last year and we've never sat down to watch them. We always meant to, but these are movies you have to devote a lot of time too. The extended cuts each have an additional 45 minutes of footage that we didn't see in the theaters. Some of it is supposed to be closer to the book, but that didn't concern me much. The extra's are great but they had to split the movies in to two DVD's so it's usually a good stopping point. We've been trying to watch one DVD a night and last night we watched all of the second one because we were in to it. If you haven't seen these, I highly recommend you watch them. They are fantastic and if you have a good home theater system, you'll really enjoy them. I think the neighbors were wondering why there were Orks and Urukai warriors walking through our house at 12:30 last night but it's okay - it sounded really good.

Anyway, I've got to hit the books for now so I hope everyone is having a good week.

2 Comments:

Ahh yes the extended version of Lord of the Rings. We own all of them in addition to the regular versions. Drives me up the wall, but the wife wants them. And I need to go through and watch all of the extended versions at some point. Think I've seen all of the first one, but not the others.

Best of luck on your book selling!
posted by Blogger Christian D. at 10:56 AM  
Bestest movies ever. Well tied anyways. But they are AWESOME. And for those that haven't read the books, the extended cuts explain so much...
posted by Blogger Jenn at 11:51 PM