Saturday, August 27, 2005

Tone it down there credit card girl...

So I went to the bank yesterday to get our company credit cards. It was really a hassle that I didn't need, but I need a company card so we have to spend the time to do it. I'm at the bank, calling the card company and we get the most excited credit card girl I've ever heard of in my life. We told her where we were from and she said "That is so WONDERFUL! I'm so GLAD you called!!!!" She insisted on calling me by my last name - which I can't stand. People don't even call my Dad that. The ones who knew him called my grandfather that, and still refer to him that way even though he's been dead for 30 years. Anyway, you wouldn't think that someone getting a company card was a big deal. I didn't and still don't. So anyway, she asks what kind of business we have so I said "college bookstore." She flew off the handle. "REALLY? THAT IS SO COOL!!! I WANT TO GO TO COLLEGE ONE DAY WHEN I'M RICH AND FAMOUS!!! WHEN I DO I'M BUYING MY BOOKS FROM YOU!!! THAT IS JUST THE MOST AWESOME THING I'VE EVER HEARD!!" Okay, so running a college store is fun, but it's not the most awesome thing ever. I couldn't figure out what this girls problem was. Maybe she just loved her job. The real funny part is that I live in one state, work in another. When I gave her my home address and the work address she wanted to know how I did that. So I said "Do what?" She said "well, Sir, you live here and work here. How is this even possible? Do those state touch?" "Yes Ma'am they are bordering states so I have about a 30 - 45 minute drive to work." "THAT IS SO COOL! THAT IS JUST GREAT!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT WORKED OUT FOR YOU LIKE THAT!!!" The girl at the bank was laughing because as many times as we'd turned the volume down she could still hear every word she said. After 30 minutes of this she tells me her system is down and I have to call back on Monday. Hopefully on Monday I'll get someone else. I hope everyones weekend is going well!