Thursday, August 25, 2005

What is wrong with people?

Okay, so on the way to work I pass three of those electronic speed limit signs. These are the ones that display your speed on this big electronic panel and if you're going over the speed limit they flash really fast at you. I can see the point of these, but seriously they're not going to shoot you. It doesn't mean you have to jam on the brakes and lock all four wheels every time you see on. I thought people would be used to these, but every day people are stopping like there is a fleet of cops waiting on them. It's nuts. If anyone ever wanted to know, they flash really fast at 99mph and then they cut off because they can't register three digits. I'll have to make a video of that one of these days if people in front of me ever decide they don't have to jam on the brakes when they see them.

Also, I have to question what is wrong with these people and downloading ring tones. I'm all about downloading ring tones - don't get me wrong. I was listening to Sirius the other day when the DJ came on and said "Until yesterday, the number one downloaded ring tone in America was Cold Play's Speed of Sound. As of this moment, the number one downloaded ring tone is Mariah Carey's We Belong Together. How about that?" Then she played that horrid song. I can't stand Mariah Carey. She was fun to look at when I was in high school, but I've since outgrown that and find her insanely annoying. I can't imagine why anyone likes this horrid song, much less wants to be reminded that it even exists every time their phone rings. If anyone comes in to this store with that as their ring tone - I'm confiscating the phone. End of story. I'm sure Mariah Carey is a nice person so I'm not wishing death on her, I just wish she'd stop singing...and acting (did anyone in the world go see her movie? I think it was only in the box office for a week or two)...or she could keep singing if she would sing stuff that didn't suck.

I just have to wonder what is wrong with people when we stop for flashy speed limit signs and have ring tones that dogs howl at. Enough ranting for now. I've got a college student rant that I have to cool off about before I start putting the thoughts down on the blog. More later, have a good day!

5 Comments:

HA! I knew I'd get you eventually. Love the blog name ;-)
posted by Blogger Jenn at 4:36 PM  
I'm with you! I found Mariah Carey CDs that an old boyfriend of mine had...thus triggering the eventual demise of the relationship. Just. Not. Cool.
posted by Blogger ABC at 5:13 PM  
You dated a guy that listened to Mariah Carey? Was he or is he now gay?

Jenn, I might never forgive you for this, but it was good to see you yesterday.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 5:54 PM  
I think he just thought she was hot, but STILL. It was highly disturbing.
posted by Blogger ABC at 1:26 PM  
>>If anyone ever wanted to know, >>they flash really fast at 99mph >>and then they cut off because >>they can't register three digits.

I prove this one all the time.
Get the bike... and maybe something leather.
Mike
posted by Anonymous Anonymous at 9:17 AM