Tuesday, October 18, 2005

A broken Jeep and a remodeled flower bed...

So, Friday night my wife and I are headed home from dinner out with the in-laws. My in-laws aren't as bad as your typical in-laws so dinner out with them is never too bad. The Jeep kept driving really funny all the way home and then it happened. The rear end broke. Imagine driving your car and every few seconds you hear a loud pop and a feeling like someone just hit you in the rear end...hard. That's what it feels like when a rear end comes apart. So I limped it home and didn't have time to look it over. I thought I could limp it to work the next morning, but it was done. It wouldn't pull itself out of the driveway. So it's parked and Dad and I disassembled it this weekend. The parts should be here today so hopefully it will be done by the end of the week, but I doubt it.

The good news is, my brother-in-law is back in town for the week and he was nice enough to help us re-vamp the very lame flower beds we had in front of the house. So most of the day Saturday was quality time with the in-laws and yard work. For most people that would be two things that really suck, but it wasn't bad. The front of the house looks much better so next on the agenda is blowing up our sidewalk and ripping down that sad excuse for a deck.

In other news, McDonalds sent me a cookie cutter letter and two free breakfast sandwich coupons. Neither of them included hash browns so I'm going to send them back. Not much else happening today. Yesterday was a day off work (fall break) so I managed to get a little bit accomplished. Nothing else exciting happening except that we're finally gearing up for the spring semester. Hope everyone else is doing well.

13 Comments:

Sorry to hear about the Jeep dieing. I noticed that I need to replace the Muffler on my Honda...again. Seems like I just did this, but it's probably been close to 2 years now. Also been thinking about getting my hands a bit greasy and replacing the spark plugs. And for someone not mechanically inclined this is kind of scary!

Any chance you will be posting up pictures of the yard now that it hasn't been burned all summer long! :)
posted by Blogger Christian D. at 10:18 AM  
Hehe, you revamped a flower bed...next thing ya know, chuggin cock.

And you may finally get your wish for a blog after midterms this week. I ran into scary-gary tonight and he has inspired me.
Mike
posted by Anonymous Anonymous at 5:50 PM  
Chrisitan, spark plugs are a piece of cake. Just remember to get some anti-seize to put on the threads and of course a spark plug socket. Unless you've got a V6 it shouldn't take you very long. Replacing the muffler again? It should last more than two years. Try someone like Borla or Magnaflow and get a stainless steel replacement. Then you won't ever have to change it again. I might post some pictures of the yard once the flower beds are done.

Mike...you suck. My flower beds look awesome. Or they will when they're done. I can't say as I know who scary gary is, but at least it's motivating you to get a blog.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 8:14 AM  
I found some notes that I had jotted down from a wrencher that used to work with me. When I get closer to doing this I'll probably drop you an e-mail to make sure that I'm not going to buy something I'm not going to need. It sounded pretty easy, but I just want to make sure I get the right plugs and socket wrench.
posted by Blogger Christian D. at 3:35 PM  
Yes, your flower beds are absolutely delightful Ms. Stewart. Perhaps, and I suggest this lightly, you could use some pansies? Imagine all the good times you'll have delicately nurturing them with water and loving spoonfulls of NutriGrow. Until, of course, I happily pluck each of them from the ground, gently place them in the road, and drive over them repeatedly. Don't worry Martha, I'll replant them.
My new gay neighbors are actually quite the horticulturalists, and could give you some good tips. Shall I give them your number and tell em your interested?
posted by Anonymous Anonymous at 8:15 PM  
OH yeah, and nice job on the McDonalds reparations. The NAACP could use a guy like you.

Mike
posted by Anonymous Anonymous at 8:18 PM  
Mike, keep my number away from your homo friends. I hate you.

Christian, shoot me an e-mail. I'll be glad to help.

Mike, I feel like I want to punch you right now.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 8:02 AM  
Mike does need to get a blog. I'd for sure add it to my daily list of reading...as long as it wasn't X-Rated. :)
posted by Blogger Christian D. at 10:33 AM  
It probably would be. I like sex 'cause....well, doesn't everyone?
Mike
posted by Anonymous Anonymous at 8:47 PM  
Yes most of us like sex. Especially the male species...want I'm alluding to is that if it's X-Rated it won't be viewed at work...:)
posted by Blogger Christian D. at 10:58 AM  
Oohh..sounds like a not safe for work post is coming up. For most people, NSFW means not safe for work, for me...it has no meaning.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 12:49 PM  
Hell, I can't even read YOUR blog at work Patrick. We got an email about not reading blogs the other day.
Mike
posted by Anonymous Anonymous at 5:53 PM  
That's because you work for the man.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 11:51 AM