Friday, October 21, 2005

Finally Friday...

It has been a long week. The good news is my brother-in-law is home for the week and he took some time off to finish the flower beds in front of the house. I came home the other day and they were done. It's nice to not have to mess with anything when I get home...really nice.

So, the Jeep got towed off this morning to get fixed. The guy said maybe we'd have it back today, but I'm not holding my breath. If this guy can rebuild a front and rear differential on a Jeep in one day, he's not advertising himself well enough. I'm hoping for Tuesday so that should be good.

I just went over to Habib's here to get some Combo's and a Coke. His wife (Mrs. Habib?) was on the phone as she always is. The only time I see her without that phone to her ear is when she's walking across the street to their apartment, but sometimes you can see her on a cell phone. Today she was aruging with someone in Habib-speak like nobody's business. I think if I were to talk to someone like that in English, it would likely mean we were going to fight. In Habib-speak, it seems that language involves a lot of spitting and hacking. This is strange. Never in my life have I heard people hacking and spitting at each other through the phone. She's ringing me up while yelling in Habib-speak then calmly looks at me and says "Two dolla." So I hand her the two dollars and she goes back to hacking and spitting. Weird I tell you.

So before I opened my Combo's I noticed that it has a notice on it that reads "Made with REAL CHEESE." Well, anything that is advertised as cheese flavored should be made with real cheese. I'm curious. Do products that are made with cheese flavoring, or fake cheese say "Made with REAL FAKE CHEESE" or "Made with something that is supposed to taste similar to REAL CHEESE?" Or, do they just say "If you're drunk enough, this will resemble chesse." I guess if you look at food labels, we have a lot of food like that. Take "I can't believe it's not butter!" What is it then? If none of us can believe it's not butter, couldn't they just change the label to "THIS VAT OF YELLOW SPOOGE RESEMBLES THE TASTE OF BUTTER!!" It could really be anything, and we're instantly all made to believe it's not butter. Maybe I'm just crazy but I think sometimes the labels throw us for a loop. Have a good weekend everybody.

3 Comments:

I think "Tastes like crap" and you'll DEFINITELY BELIEVE THIS IS NOT BUTTER are more true. Although most stuff is ok. It's low/non fat salad dressings that taste.. nasty. (For lack of a better word, this is your blog after all)
posted by Blogger Jenn at 4:57 PM  
Hooters, don't hold back because it's my blog. Tell us how you really feel.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 7:58 AM  
I'm late catching this post, but that's some funny stuff right there. Your post, I mean. Although, I guess I could be talking about the "cheese spooge" inside Combos, too! You are a brave, brave man!
posted by Blogger ABC at 5:05 PM