Thursday, August 05, 2004

The office whiner

You know, every office has one and we all know who it is. If you don't know - you're probably it. We have one of the worst office whiners I've ever seen in my life. When she speaks, it's like fingers on a chalk board. She even went as far a few weeks ago as to say if someone wanted her job they could have it, because she didn't care if they fired her or not. Why do people say that? If your job sucks that much - quit! Anyway, our office whiner got me into trouble yesterday. It would seem I missed one step in a transaction here that makes about two minutes of extra work for her. Now, if you ask her - she's the only one in the building that does any work - ever. So, she complains to the point that I get yelled at by both my boss and her boss. To me - this is crazy. I've been here almost two years, and I think this is the first time I'm done this. We do have some people that have yet to learn it, and they've been here longer than I have. Personally, I think making an example of me was wasted - all it really did was piss me off. I know, probably neither boss wanted to yell at me and I'm sure they had to. I just think it sucks that we let the most annoying person on the planet dictate who gets in trouble. There are thousands of people in this world that can accept the faults of others, knowing they have their own faults, and move on. Then there are those that think they have no faults and spend extra time pointing out the faults of others. This is where the office whiner comes in. They have no faults, and without them - the place couldn't stay in business. I'm pretty sure places of business don't cirlce around one person. If they do, they're certain to fail. Maybe one day, the office whiner will figure this out. Somehow I doubt it, and I imagine they'll even run for office - John Kerry is.

3 Comments:

LOL! The post just ain't a post until you throw John Kerry in there somewhere! hee hee ;0)

xoxo
posted by Blogger Good Wife at 4:17 PM  
Ah..the office whiner...you should have just wailed on her if you were going to get in trouble anyway.
posted by Blogger Chastity at 12:54 AM  
Chastity, that thought crosses my mind every time I see them. Wow - the relief that would provide me.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 6:40 PM