Thursday, November 11, 2004

Only in a Jeep...

Well, I'm headed to lunch today to get some Sushi downtown. I'm headed towards a yield sign, so I start slowing down. I look back and I find a Nissan truck barreling towards me with a girl on the cell phone. I'm not bashing women drivers here, that's just what happened. I have enough time to look at my friend and say "Dude...we're gonna get hit." Then, we get hit. It wasn't bad. It did zero damage to me from what I can find, but she gave me her info. The girl looked to be a construction worker, a very butch construction worker, and she wrote down her info in case there was any damage on a Maxim subscription form. I lauged and said "Hey, we both read Maxim" to attempt to lighten the mood. It didn't seem to help, she was very shaken. Maybe what I should have said was "Sweet - we both like women!" Somehow I don't think that would have helped either.

Well, the Six Cylinder's of Death walked away unscathed. She nailed the spare tire pretty good, but I didn't get to see if it damage the trunk at all. I'll have to look at that tonight to see for sure. Her brand new Nissan truck had an all new nose - or a nose job. It was beat up pretty bad, so needless to say The American Legend held it's own on Veterans' Day. Well, that's it from me. Make sure you tell your local veteran how much you appreciate them.

3 Comments:

I'm alive :)

Do you and Jen have an email?
posted by Blogger Sprinkles at 9:06 PM  
Glad you are ok, cause lets face it--the jeep is not made of volvo material.

And I saw the Steve McQueen commercial. YOU HAVE TO HAVE THAT CAR! Sorry Jen...
posted by Blogger Jenn at 9:20 AM  
Ha! I knew I wasn't the only one that thought that commercial ruled!

Insanity, you can reach us at MoatesGarage@comcast.net currently.
posted by Blogger Raul Duke at 10:24 AM